THE CENTER - SPRING/SUMMER
The Center is excited to offer an opportunity for athletes to join our Center Spring & Summer Volleyball Youth Leagues. Athletes will have the chance to register their own team to compete against other teams from around Edmonton and surrounding areas at The Center. Age categories are distributed as follows: U13/14, U15/16 and U17/18 - we will have both boys, girls and co-ed sections this year! Our program goal is to provide athletes with an opportunity to compete in 6 on 6 game play in a league format.
Individuals and Teams will have 2 different session options to choose from:
SESSION 1: Early June - Mid July
SESSION 2: Mid July - End of August - DATES TBD
HOW YOUTH LEAGUE WORKS - 2 Ways to Register
1. TEAM REGISTRATION: Athletes are to create a team of 6 players within their appropriate age category and can register as a single team. Teams just need to ensure they have a minimum of 6 players always present on their night of play.
Registrations will be taken on a first come, first serve basis for both sessions.
*League will run with a minimum of 24 athletes (4 teams worth).
2. INDIVIDUAL REGISTRATION: Athletes can register as an individual and will be placed on a Center created youth league team. Individual athlete registrants are NOT guaranteed a spot on a team, but will be considered for an teams needing extra players or in scenarios where The Center needs to create an extra team for even numbers sake in a league.
*EMAIL email@example.com if you have a child that would like to register as an individual.
SPRING/SUMMER YOUTH LEAGUE COST:
Team Entry (6 weeks) - $395.00 (plus gst)
SESSION 1 - LEAGUE DATES:
U13/14 (Boys and Girls) - Tuesdays (June 6, 13, 20, 27 & July 4 and 11) - 5:00-7:00pm (1 GIRLS SPOT/2 BOYS SPOTS LEFT)
U15/16 (Boys and Girls) - Mondays (June 5, 12, 19, 26 & July 3, and 10) - 5:00-7:00pm (2 GIRLS SPOTS/1 BOYS SPOT LEFT)
U15/16 (CO-ED) - Sundays (June 4, 11, 18, 25 & July 9 and 16) - 3:00-5:00pm
U17/18 (Boys and Girls) - Thursdays (June 8, 15, 22, 29th & July 6, 13) - 5:00-7:00pm (2 BOYS SPOTS LEFT)
U17/18 (CO-ED) - Sundays (June 4, 11, 18, 25 & July 9 and 16) - 5:00-7:00pm
SESSION 2 - LEAGUE DATES:
U13/14 - Recommended for athletes to have 1 year of experience on a school team.
U15/16 - Recommended for athletes to have 1-2 years of experience on a school or club team.
U17/18 - Recommended for athletes to have 2 years of experience on a school or club team.
*Co-Ed Teams - must have a minimum of 2 females on the court at all times!
RULES AND PROGRAM INFORMATION:
- Each night of Youth League, teams will get the chance to play 2, best of 3 matches against two different teams each night. If matches finish early, extra sets may be played until time is up. If matches do not finish in the time allotted, the set win will go to the higher scoring team. If the set is a tie, please play 1 more point to determine a set winner. Teams are to use 10 minutes to warm up, and are to begin their first match 10 minutes after start time.
-All games are rally-point scoring to 25 points, the first team to 25 wins (cap at 27).
- Games run by the “honor” system and are SELF officiated. Athletes are to call their own net faults and ball touches to the best of their ability as there will be no refs. Note that any net touch is a violation. Any discrepancies on a point, please re-serve the point.
- Score Flip Cards ae provided by The Center.
- No jerseys are required but are welcomed.
- At the end of each night, team captains are responsible to provide their game scores to the front counter attendant. If scores are not reported, the match will count as a tie.
-There will be a playoff round scheduled for the final week of play.
*Prizes will be available for the top 3 teams*
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
-U13/14 aged teams must have 1 adult present with the team during matches. *Boys and girls league may be combined depending on numbers for this age*
-U15/16 and U17/18 aged teams are NOT required to have an adult or coach present, but are welcome to have up to 2 coaches present if they want.
-Spectators are welcome in the facility! Parents, guardians and family are more then welcome to watch, or enjoy beverage or food in our Courtside Café space.
-Clean indoor shoes on the courts only (for both players and spectators).
-Gear will be available if needed at the Center Pro Shop (knee pads, sliders, tape etc).
SUBS/MISSING PLAYERS: Teams do not need to play with the same 6 players each week; substitutes are allowed (please ensure you as the individual finds a sub for yourself to ensure your team has 6 athletes present at each league night). The minimum number of players that must be present is 6. The maximum number of players a team can have is 14.
NOTE--->IF a team does not show to their night of play or cannot produce the minumum player count, there will be a $50.00 charge to the team.
Any questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org