THE CENTER - YOUTH LEAGUE
The Center is excited to offer an opportunity for athletes to join our Center Winter Volleyball Youth Leagues. Athletes will have the chance to be put on a Center created team as an individual or can register their own team to compete against other teams from around Edmonton and surrounding areas at The Center. Age categories are distributed as follows: U13/14, U15/16 and U17/18. Our program goal is to provide athletes with an opportunity to compete in 6 on 6 game play in a league format.
Individuals and Teams will have 2 different session options to choose from:
SESSION 1: January/February 2023 (8 weeks)
SESSION 2: March/April 2023 (8 weeks)
HOW YOUTH LEAGUE WORKS - 2 Ways to Register
INDIVIDUAL REGISTRATION: Athletes can register as an individual and will be placed on a Center created youth league team. Teams will be balanced the best we can with position requests. IF athletes would like to request to be on the same team as another friend(s), please leave a comment in the “note” section on the registration document.
TEAM REGISTRATION: Athletes can create a team of 6 players within their appropriate age category and can register as a single team. Teams just need to ensure they have a minimum of 6 players always present on their night of play.
Initial tiers will be created based on requests from registered teams (dependent on numbers).
Registrations will be taken on a first come, first serve basis for both sessions.
*League will run with a minimum of 24 athletes (4 teams worth).
WINTER YOUTH LEAGUE COST:
Individual Entry (8 weeks) - $90.00
Team Entry (8 weeks) - $525.00
WINTER SESSION #2 LEAGUE DATES (8 Weeks)
U13/14 Girls & Boys: Thursdays 5:00-7:00pm (March 9, 16, 23, 30, April 6, 13, 20 & 27)
U15/16 Girls & Boys: Thursdays 5:00-7:00pm (March 9, 16, 23, 30, April 6, 13, 20 & 27)
U17/18 Girls & Boys: Mondays 5:00-7:00pm (March 6, 13, 20, 27, April 3, 10, 17, & 24)
*Youth League Prerequisites:
U13/14 - Recommended for athletes to have 1 year of experience on a school team.
U15/16 - Recommended for athletes to have 1-2 years of experience on a school or club team.
U17/18 - Recommended for athletes to have 2 years of experience on a school or club team.
REGISTER NOW FOR ALL SESSIONS BELOW
RULES AND PROGRAM INFORMATION:
Day 1 of Youth League will allow for the head coach to observe the athletes and create as equal teams as possible. Day 2 of league will be the first day league play begins.
*NOTE→ For any FULL teams already registered prior to day 1, these teams will have the chance to compete against other full teams already registered on day 1 (while other single athletes that day get organized into teams).
- Each night of Youth League (excluding night 1 for single players being put into teams), teams will get the chance to play 2, best of 3 matches against two different teams each night. If matches finish early, extra sets may be played until time is up. If matches do not finish in the time allotted, the set win will go to the higher scoring team. If the set is a tie, please play 1 more point to determine a set winner. Teams are to use 10 minutes to warm up, and are to begin their first match 10 minutes after start time.
-All games are rally-point scoring to 25 points, the first team to 25 wins (cap at 27).
- Games run by the “honor” system and are SELF officiated. Athletes are to call their own net faults and ball touches to the best of their ability as there will be no refs. Note that any net touch is a violation. Any discrepancies on a point, please re-serve the point.
- Score Flip Cards ae provided by The Center.
- No jerseys are required but are welcomed.
- At the end of each night, team captains are responsible to provide their game scores to the front counter attendant. If scores are not reported, the match will count as a tie.
-There will be a playoff round scheduled for the final week of play.
*Prizes will be available for the top 3 teams*
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
-U13/14 aged teams must have 1 adult present with the team during matches (league days 2-7). *Boys and girls league may be combined depending on numbers for this age*
-U15/16 and U17/18 aged teams are NOT required to have an adult or coach present, but are welcome to have up to 2 coaches present if they want.
-Spectators are welcome in the facility! Parents, guardians and family are more then welcome to watch, or enjoy beverage or food in our Courtside Café space.
-Clean indoor shoes on the courts only (for both players and spectators).
-Gear will be available if needed at the Center Pro Shop (knee pads, sliders, tape etc).
SUBS/MISSING PLAYERS: Teams do not need to play with the same 6 players each week; substitutes are allowed (please ensure you as the individual finds a sub for yourself to ensure your team has 6 athletes present at each league night). The minimum number of players that must be present is 6. The maximum number of players a team can have is 14.
Any questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org